If you like playing around with operating systems and have a bit of spare time, one of the most effective ways you can assist the GhostBSD community is by reporting problems you encounter while using GhostBSD.
If you have a spare computer system or virtual machine, try our latest alpha, beta or release candidate snapshot. These versions are still in testing and have not been officially released yet. Having as many people as possible using GhostBSD on many different hardware configurations assists the project in finding and fixing bugs. This makes using GhostBSD better for everyone.
To become a tester, contact us at one of the following online locations:
- Telegram at https://t.me/ghostbsd
- The IRC channels are
- You can access the IRC channel via our web user interface.
- The forums are available at http://forums.ghostbsd.org/
Download the latest development release
The latest installation media for testing can be found here.
Everyone is eligible to become a beta tester. To aid us in fixing problems as quickly as possible, please accurately report findings using these tips:
- Before reporting a bug, search the forum to see if anyone else has reported a similar problem.
- When reporting a new issue, use a descriptive subject that includes the error and the version of GhostBSD. Ideally, the subject should be concise and contain key words about the error.
- Ensure that the body of the bug report includes the GhostBSD version.
- Give a good description of how to recreate the error. If there is an error message, include its text.
- Include any additional info that may be useful.
- If the problem appears to be hardware related, include a copy of the
dmesg.bootfile located in the /var/run directory.