Code of Conduct
Please do not change this page without permission from the author of this page!
|Development Contributor Page||Code of Conduct||Wiki Contributor Page|
|Back to Wiki Main Page|
GhostBSD has started as a hobby in 2009 from Eric Turgeon and Francois Toussaint. See: A Brief History of GhostBSD
Since this time many people came and went, started or stoped to use GhostBSD and/or to contribute to different areas of this project. But only one stayed and developed this project until now: Eric Turgeon.
Eric Turgeon is our project leader. He decides about the way and the direction of this project. If you agree with this, you are welcome.
Our goals are:
- Give this project a simple but standardized face;
- Make this project unique;
- Don't re-invent the wheel;
- Use the free available work of other contributors;
- Mention the sources, were your information came from;
- Make it as your hobby, not stress;
GhostBSD Community Code of Conduct
The GhostBSD community has always worked to be a welcoming and respectful community, and we want to ensure that doesn't change as we grow and evolve.
All contributors do it in their spare time, as a hobby. Your contribution will be used by other people, and you in turn will depend on the work of others. Any decision you take will affect other users. You should take those consequences into account.
All community members come from around the world, from different countries, with different religious faith, political views, people of all backgrounds and identities. This includes, but is not limited to members of any race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, color, immigration status, social and economic class, educational level, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, size, family status, political belief, religion or lack thereof, and mental and physical ability.
Please choose your words carefully and be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other participants. Harassment and other exclusionary behavior aren't acceptable. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Violent threats or language directed against another person;
- Discriminatory jokes and language;
- Posting sexually explicit or violent material;
- Posting (or threatening to post) other people's personally identifying information ("doxing").
- Personal insults, especially those using racist or sexist terms.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
So we have a few rules that we ask people to follow:
- Be friendly and patient;
- Be welcoming;
- Be considerate;
- Be respectful;
- Be collaborative;
- Be careful in the words that you choose and be kind to others, when we disagree, try to understand why.
This rules should be considered on all areas and canals of this project, like forum, wiki, telegram, IRC, bug report and so on.
|Back to the Contribution Page|