Wiki Contributor Page
|Welcome to Wiki Contributor Page.|
|Wiki Contributor Page|
|Rules for Design||Rules for Content|
|Rules for Maintenance||Special Pages|
|Rules for Templates||Rules for Navbars|
|Rules for Categories||Rules for Translation|
|Syntax||To Do Page|
|Back to Contribution|
This is the starting point for Wiki Contributors.
You can see on the content of the navbar and the wish list on the To Do Page, that a lot of work is not done yet. But if you like to help look for a point you are interested in, write your thoughts on the To Do Page and contribute.
This wiki has a lot of pages with tables. This tables contain lists of other lists or lists of pages, applications and so on. Most package names and some list names are in black letters. If you think you could give some more information to a package, application or list create a new page and contribute.
Fooin red letters. Now you can start with the page Foo.
It is recommended to compare with other wiki pages, for example: How is it done on the openSUSE wiki.
The goals are:
- Give this wiki a simple but standardized face;
- Don't re-invent the wheel;
- Use the free available work of other contributors;
- Mention the sources, were your information came from;
- Connect all knowledge about BSD, Unix, Linux to this place;
- Collect all tips and tricks out of the forums, telegram and other channels and share it on this wiki;
- Make this place unique;
- Make it as your hobby, not stress;
Places for Help
There are a lot of places you can help, for example:
- Help pages for standardized stile, pages..
- Look at the To Do Page
- Start with tings, where you think, it could help all users and should be done;
- This wiki is organized like spiders web. The center is the Main Page. From here it goes in all directions. If you don't know were to begin, go to the end of a thread and look if you can contribute there.
- Wait with translation until the pages are ready; It could likely be, that some pages will be new arranged. Or ask the author of the page.